Thursday, August 19, 2010

Golf Dream

In this golf dream, I was on the first tee at a golf course in Carmel, CA, ready to hit my first drive. When I went to hit my ball, I noticed it wasn’t on a tee but on top of an eye drop bottle so of course the ball kept falling off. I eventually teed it up on the flat side of a tiny golf pencil and was ready to swing the club. The tee box then became really small and every time I tried to start my backswing, the club would hit an obstruction behind me, mainly trees and bushes. I finally got a half swing in and hit the ball poorly into the distance.

As I went to look for it, there were literally hundreds of balls where I thought I hit mine. After searching for what seemed like an eternity, I found it and quickly hit it again as the people behind me were pissed that I was playing slowly. I had the same problem trying to find my second shot as it landed in another sea of golf balls. I eventually found it in a large wooden planter next to some ladies sitting in lawn chairs, sipping iced teas.

No comments:

Post a Comment