Friday, August 20, 2010

I Killed a Cat

In this crazy dream, I was in a large raft on a river getting ready for a day of white water rafting. There was a large group of people with me but we each had our own raft, which were equipped with motors. The guide gave us detailed instructions on how to use the motor so we practiced going forwards and backwards for a while. Once we were all comfortable using the motors, we floated off into the river. I fell behind the group and noticed the river had turned into a theme park water slide and everyone was on inner tubes but I was still on my raft. I gunned my motor and caught up to the group and the only thing that was on my mind was, “Damn, my motor is going to rip apart this water slide.” That worry went away as I was now on an inner tube.

We all came out of the water slide and were back in our rafts, floating in a slow part of the river and coming up to a dam. We were all equipped with rifles at this point and the guide told us we had to shoot over the dam….at what I don’t know. A couple people shot and hit the dam so I aimed my gun up high towards a tree - hoping to shoot over the dam - and pulled the trigger. I heard everyone gasp since I had shot a bird, which fell out of the tree and into the middle of an outdoor restaurant. A huge group gathered by the bird and someone yelled, “It’s just a cat” and everyone laughed and went back to eating. The dead cat lay there for a while and then suddenly sprung to life and ran down a hallway, playing with another cat.

No comments:

Post a Comment