Thursday, September 30, 2010

Unlawful Entry

In this nightmare, I was asleep in my apartment late at night and heard my front door handle start to jiggle.  I quietly walked over and looked through the peep hole and saw an eyeball trying to peer inside.  It startled me so I jumped back while still trying to keep quiet.  The intruder was able to pick the outside lock but luckily I have a deadbolt that is only accessible through the inside of my apartment.  I was freaked out at this point but also figured there was no way he would be able to get inside.  He then slammed his body into the door, trying to knock it down.  The doorframe started to split so I completely panicked and called 911.

Next thing I knew I was outside on the street talking to a cop, explaining the attempted break-in to him.  We quickly walked up the stairs to my apartment and saw the guy still charging at my front door.  The cop ran up to him, put a cardboard box over his head, bear hugged him and gently said, “It’s okay, you’re a good kid.”

No comments:

Post a Comment