Tuesday, November 23, 2010

No San Francisco Street Signs in New York

In this funny dream, I was driving in NY City with my parents and we were completely lost.  We wanted to get back to California and were looking for road signs to San Francisco but of course didn’t see any.  I pulled off on an exit, which led us to a golf course.  I was on the first tee box with an older guy who was getting ready to tee off.  The hole was ominous as you had to drive over a massive canyon and the fairway on the other side was narrow and covered with sand traps.  The guy teed off with an 8 iron and hit his ball into the canyon.  His caddy suggested he club up and handed him a 7 iron.  The guy then hit his second shot into the canyon.

Then I was back in the car driving.  Even though we were in NY, the streets were extremely hilly and I was catching air since I was driving way too fast.  I blew past an exit that my Dad was convinced was the one we needed to take to get back to California.  He said, “Damn it, that was our exit!  Don’t you know where you’re going?”  I sarcastically replied, “No Dad, I was born in Northern California.  Remember?  You were there.”

No comments:

Post a Comment