Thursday, November 18, 2010

New Shoes and Old Scotch

In this funny dream, I was riding in a car with my parents on a frontage road in my hometown in Northern California. My Dad was driving, my Mom was in the passenger seat and I was in the back by myself. My Dad suddenly decided that he needed to be on the freeway so he stepped on the gas and drove onto the sidewalk. Further up ahead on the sidewalk I saw written in bright orange letters the word, “jump,” which I thought was weird. Once my Dad drove on this “word” the car was immediately ejected into the air. We flew over a chain-linked fence and landed safely in the slow lane of the freeway and we were instantly moving at the same speed as the flow of traffic.

We got off the next exit and I noticed some very strange houses: one row of houses were all perched on 20-foot high metal poles and another group of houses were all very tall and narrow but also very curvy and painted in bright colors. We drove past them and ended up at a mall since my Dad wanted to buy some new sneakers. As we were walking through the mall he saw a bar and decided instead he was in the mood for some Scotch, which I thought was unusual since I had never seen my Dad drink Scotch before.

No comments:

Post a Comment